“This full bodied, barrel fermented Sauvignon Blanc has deep aromas of citrus and rock melon. The palate is wonderfully rich and complex displaying concentrated tropical fruit flavours with subtle barrel overtones. An elegant, sophisticated Sauvignon with a citrus minerality that lingers on and on.”
This Sauvignon Blanc represents a special parcel of grapes grown on our home vineyard on the Hope Plains. All the vines were carefully trimmed, leaf plucked and then bunch thinned to maximise ripeness and richness. They were cropped very lightly and the grapes were harvested at optimum ripeness and flavour.
In the winery the juice was gravity fed to barrels and underwent a warm, native fermentation through to dryness. The wine was lees stirred and allowed to undergo a partial, softening malic to lactic acid conversion.
Matured for six months on yeast lees in quality French oak. The barrels were then blended together to create this concentrated yet elegant premium Barrique Sauvignon Blanc.
- – 5 Stars (94 Points) – Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
- 93 Points – Bob Campbell MW, April 2016
- 90 Points – Wine Spectator magazine
- – 4.5 Stars – Winestate Magazine, April 2016
- – 4.5 Stars – Peter Saunders, Wine Writer
- – 4.5 Stars – Neil Hodgson, Wine Writer
- – Silver Medal – Royal Easter Show Wine Awards