Ruby red colour.
“A sumptuous Pinot Noir displaying dark cherry, berry fruit and savoury characters. It is a concentrated wine exhibiting well integrated ripe tannins, a rich full palate and has a wonderful persistence of flavour.”
This wine is from grapes grown on our sustainably certified vineyard in Ranzau Road, Hope. The vines were carefully shoot thinned and leaf plucked to give the berries optimum exposure to the sun. Slow to ripen bunches were removed by hand thus ensuring the grapes were perfectly ripe at the time of picking.
In the winery the grapes were carefully taken off their stems and left cold to soak for a period before fermentation. A warm ferment on the skins with careful cap plunging by hand enabled us to extract optimum varietal colour and flavour.
The wine was then aged in french oak barriques for eleven months prior to bottling. This allowed the tannins and oak to integrate fully with the ripe fruit flavours, creating this elegant and vibrant Pinot Noir.
- Champion Pinot Noir Trophy – Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2015
- Pure Elite Gold Medal – Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2015
- Gold medal – Spiegelau International Wine Competition
- Gold medal – International Aromatic Wine Competition
- Pure Gold medal – Bragato Wine Awards
- Gold medal – Int’l Aromatic Wineshow
- -5 Stars (94 points) Cameron Douglas, Master Sommelier
- -5 Stars (95 Points) – Bob Campbell, Master of Wine
- – 5 Stars (95 Points) – Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
- – 5 Stars – Peter Saunders, Wine Writer
- – 5 Stars – Raymond Chan, Wine Writer
Elegant floral style of Pinot Noir, perfumed with rose petals, strawberry and cherry aromas on uncontrived purity. Fruity, round and delicate on the mid-palate, but with firmness of acidity and tannin to give a lingering finish. Classy, and with great drinkability.
Chair of Judges Michael Brajkovich MW